Temporary Car Insurance in Portugal
Here you will find the best solutions for short term, daily or temporary insurance for your car, van or motorbike in Portugal. Fast & Online!
A temporary car insurance is a type of insurance coverage that provides protection for a specific period of time. This can be a useful option for people who are borrowing or renting a car, or for those who only need coverage for a short period of time. Temporary car insurance in Portugal can typically be purchased for periods of one day to five days up to 8 weeks. Short-term insurance can provide valuable protection in the event of an accident or other covered incident. A temporary car insurance cannot be purchased from most major insurers, there are only a few companies offering this product. But luckily for you, we do! And it’s all online: fast and easy!
Pay only for what you will need: short term insurance is a great solution!
What is a Temporary Car Insurance?
A temporary car insurance policy can be a useful tool for anyone who needs to drive a car for a short period of time in Portugal. Whether you’re borrowing a friend’s car for a weekend getaway or renting a car for a business trip, temporary insurance can give you the coverage you need without the commitment of a long-term policy.
A temporary insurance policies are typically much cheaper than traditional plans, and they can often be customized to fit your specific needs. If you’re considering temporary car insurance, be sure to check our quotes to find the best rate.
A temporary car insurance cannot be purchased from most major insurers, there are only a few companies in Portugal offering this product. But we do!
Reason why you should consider a temporary car insurance in Portugal
There are many reasons why you might need temporary car insurance in Portugal.
Perhaps you’re borrowing a friend’s car for the weekend, or renting a car for a business trip or your need to take that old timer to pass the MOT (ITV – Inspeção Técnica).
Whatever the reason, temporary car insurance can give you the protection you need at a price that fits your budget. Temporary car insurance is much like regular car insurance, but it can be purchased on a short-term basis. This means that you only pay for the coverage you need, when you need it.
And because temporary car insurance is typically much less expensive than regular car insurance, it can be a great way to save money on your auto insurance premiums. So if you’re looking for a way to save money on your car insurance, temporary car insurance may be the perfect solution.
Temporary Car Insurance for Car Dealers
Temporary car insurance is a great solution for car dealers in Portugal. One of the most important is that it provides good protection against liability claims. If a customer is involved in an accident while driving one of your cars, temporary insurance will cover the damages. This can save you a lot of money in the long run, as well as protecting your reputation. In addition, temporary insurance can be a great way to drive proof your vehicles. If you have any concerns about a customer’s driving record, temporary insurance will protect you from any potential problems. Overall, temporary car insurance is an essential tool for any car dealer. It provides good protection and peace of mind, and can save you a lot of money in the long run.
Quote your temporary car insurance here:
Can I take a temporary car insurance to pass the inspection (MOT) in Portugal)?
Many people are surprised to learn that they can take out temporary car insurance in order to take their car to the MOT in Portugal (IPO – Inspeção Periódica Obrigatória). Whether you’re short on time or money, temporary insurance can be a great way to get your car the care it needs without breaking the bank. Here’s a look at some of the benefits of temporary car insurance for taking your car to the spanish MOT (IPO).
First, temporary car insurance is typically much cheaper than traditional insurance. This means that you can save money on your MOT without having to worry about the cost of insuring your car for the long term.
Second, temporary insurance is often much easier to obtain than traditional insurance. This means that you can get your car to the MOT without having to go through a lengthy application process.
Finally, temporary insurance can be a great way to protect your car while it’s in for its MOT. This means that you don’t have to worry about your car being damaged or stolen while it’s being serviced.
Overall, temporary car insurance can be a great option for taking your car to the MOT in Portugal. If you’re short on time or money, temporary insurance can help you get your car the care it needs without breaking the bank. Quote your temporary car insurance here
Calculate the premium for your temporary Insurance here and request a policy:
Frequently asked questions about temporary insurance in Portugal
Find answers to the most frequently asked questions about Short Term Vehicle Insurance here.
When looking for temporary insurance in Portugal, it is important to know that the minimum duration is one to five days. This means you can be covered for as little as 24 hours, which can be ideal if you only plan to use your car for a short period of time. Of course, you can also extend your cover to longer periods if you need to, but the important thing is that you are always covered. So if you ever find yourself in a situation where you need to use your car but you don’t have insurance, don’t worry, just take out a temporary policy and? That’s it!
One of the most common reasons people take out insurance for a day is to take their car for a technical inspection (MOT) or IPO in Portugal. It is an excellent solution for those who have cars parked in their garage in their Portuguese holiday home and only need the insurance to pass the inspection.
The process is simple: fill out the form show above, you will immediately get the price for the temporary policy and you can pay online and receive the temporary policy. Fast & Easy!
The maximum duration of any temporary car, motorbike or van insurance policy in Portugal is 8 weeks. This means that if you need cover for a longer period of time, you will need to take out a normal policy. The minimum duration of a temporary insurance policy is 1 day. This is ideal for people who only need cover for a short period of time, such as when they need to take a car parked in their garage for inspection.
Get a quote for your short term insurance in Portugal here and… easy breezy! Problem solved!
Here at C1 Broker, we understand that not everyone needs car insurance all year round. Maybe you’re only in Portugal for a short while, or maybe you only use your car occasionally. Whatever the reason, we offer temporary car insurance at the best rates, with an easy online process. Just enter your details and choose the length of cover you need, and we’ll take care of the rest. So why not give us a try next time you need temporary car or motorbike insurance in Portugal?
There are a number of situations where temporary car insurance can be a good idea:
- You have bought a car in Portugal, but you live in another country, you need insurance to cover the days it takes to bring it back to your country of residence.
- You have just been given the keys to a car and your usual insurer is closed.
- You have bought a car outside your home town and you have to take it home. You need a couple of days of insurance until the annual insurance is due.
- You are going to rent a van for a move and they rent it to you without insurance for three days.
- You have bought a second hand motorbike in mainland Portugal and you want to bring it to your home in Madeira Islands.
- You have bought a truck in Spain and need insurance for a few days to take it to Morocco.
- You have bought a car in the UK and want to bring it to Portugal. You need insurance while you sort out the paperwork and change the registration in Portugal.
- You have bought a car in Ireland and need to change the plates. But before you insure the new car on a yearly basis you need an insurance that allows you to insure foreign plates in Portugal for a couple of days to make the whole process easier.
- You have just bought a trailer in England, but at the moment you can’t find any insurance company that wants to insure it annually.
- You are going to leave your car with a friend for a couple of days and you want to insure it fully comprehensive to avoid any problems.
- You bought a car in Germany with a temporary number plate and you have to put the Portuguese number plate on it. You need insurance for a few weeks.
- You have a motorbike that you want to use at your holiday home and you have just realised that your insurance has expired and you can’t use it.
- You have been lent a van to move some furniture, but the van has no insurance and you need to insure it for a few days.
- You want to take the boat out this week, but your insurance has expired, so you need insurance for a couple of days.
- You have to pass the IPO (MOT) and your insurance has expired, but you have to pass the inspection because you sold the car.
- Ihave a car that I haven’t used for a long time but I need to pass the MOT in Portugal.
- I need insurance for a few days to fix some damage and pass the MOT in Portugal.
- The vehicle of a deceased relative has expired insurance. We are selling the car and before the sale we have to pass the IPO so that the new buyer can take out the insurance for one year.
If you’re looking for temporary car insurance in Portugal, you need to be at least 25 years old. Simulate here and take out your temporary insurance online in Portugal at the best rates!
This may also interest you
In the past, motorists were required to display the insurance label on the windscreen of their vehicle as proof that they had valid motor insurance.
C1 Broker, the leading expat and foreign resident insurance broker in Portugal and Spain, is offering an exciting internship opportunity for students interested in video
If you’ve ever dreamed of living in Portugal, now is the time to make it happen! With the help of C1 Broker relocation Services, we