C1 Broker®

Insurance for Hotels & Local Accommodation in Portugal

At C1 Broker, you will find specific hospitality insurance to protect your hotel or holiday rental project in Portugal


Portugal is a country with a consolidated tourism sector which is still expanding rapidly. C1 Broker is experienced in providing insurance cover for hotels, aparthotels, guesthouses, inns and local accommodation. We work with the best insurance companies in Portugal to offer you top quality protection solutions. Ask us for a no obligation consultation. We will study the current situation of your hospitality project to find the most advantageous solution.

Insurance for Hotels in Portugal

If your company is dedicated to the hospitality sector, at C1 Broker you will find suitable insurance solutions which guarantee the stability and continuity of your business even when accidents occur.

At C1 Broker, we analyse and compare hotel insurance solutions from the main insurance companies in Portugal in order to be able to offer you, in a neutral and professional manner, innovative and competitive insurance, geared to the needs of your sector and the size of your company. These are some of the solutions we have for the hotel product:

  • Insurance for Hotels in Portugal
  • Insurance for Apartment Hotels in Portugal
  • Insurance for Holiday Villages with Restaurants in Portugal
  • Insurance for Boarding Houses and Inns in Portugal
  • Rural Tourism Insurance in Portugal
  • among others…

Why C1 Broker should be you hotel insurance partner in Portugal? We have a range of hospitality insurance policies in partnership with Turismo de Portugal and Iapmei to ensure the protection for SMEs,  adapted to the size and reality of tourism businesses in Portugal. Ee offer a personalised claims management service in the event of accidents.

Insurance for Local Accommodation in Portugal

The affluence of tourists to Portugal tends to increase and, as a consequence, there is a growth in tourism activities such as Local Accommodation (AL – Alojamento Local).

C1 Broker’s offers insurance for your local accommodation project in Portugal, complying with legal requirements and, at the same time, allowing you to safeguard your investment.

Insurance for Local Accommodation in Portugal

In recent years, the demand for holiday rentals in Portugal has increased significantly, particularly the search for local accommodation (AL). If you have invested in a local lodging or transformed your second residency into a holiday rental, you will be interested in knowing more about the insurance solutions offered by C1 Broker for holiday homes.

Insurance for local accommodation serves not only to protect your property assets and your financial stability, but also to respond to legal requirements* for the protection of your guests and third parties. * Decree-Law No. 128/2014, of 29 August 2014 – Regime of authorisation for the operation of Local Accommodation establishments.

The activity of Local Accommodation in Portugal is regulated with legislation that establishes the legal regime for the operation of this type of business, determining that its holder must take out, and keep valid, insurance policies to guarantee the risks of Civil Liability and Fire.

We adapt our insurance proposals depending on the regime in which the Local Accommodation (AL) activity is exercised:

  • Flat or AL Holiday Villa Rental in the main/permanent dwelling, on an occasional or non-occasional basis.
  • In one or more dwellings or in accommodation establishments (including Hostel), on an exclusive basis

You are currently viewing a placeholder content from Youtube. To access the actual content, click the button below. Please note that doing so will share data with third-party providers.

More Information

Shall we talk? We will contact you to give you more information about hotel insurance:

FAQ about Holiday Rentals Insurance in Portugal

The minimum compulsory sum insured is 75.000 Euros for third party liability cover, which should cover any damage caused to guests or third parties. In addition to this there is also compulsory fire cover, if the local accommodation is located in a building under horizontal property regime.Consult also our blog post about Holiday Rentals in Portugal.

This may also interest you

Falecimento de um ente próximo Aspectos importantes a considerar - C1 Broker - Seguros em Portugal
Other Insurances in Portugal

What to do in case of death

Receiving the news of the death of a loved one is something that nobody wants. In addition to the sadness and the period of mourning,

Read More »